Dr. Nagan starts practice
In 1951, Dr. Robert F. Nagan joins the St. Vincent medical staff after completing his general surgery internship and residency at St. Vincent Hospital.
Practice moves to the current 86th Street location
In 1974, St. Vincent Hospital moves to the current 86th Street location after a significant amount of planning effort on the part of Dr. Nagan.
Dr. Arregui joins practice
In 1983 Dr. Maurice Arregui joins the practice.
ERCP added to practice
In 1987, Dr. Arregui travels to Middlesex Hospital in London, England to learn ERCP
First laparoscopic cholecystectomy at St. Vincent
In 1989, Dr. Arregui performs first laparoscopic cholecystectomy at St. Vincent Hospital
Dr. Arregui learns ultrasound
In 1990, Dr. Arregui travels to George August-Universität, Göttingen, West Germany to learn ultrasound.
Dr. Davis joins practice
In 1990, Dr. Chad J. Davis joins the practice and Nagan, Arregui, and Davis MDs is formed.
Arregui Fellowship begins
In 1990, Dr. Arregui starts fellowship in Surgical Laparoscopy, Endoscopy, and Ultrasound.
Dr. Singh joins practice
2003, after completing the fellowship, Dr. Kirpal Singh joins the practice.
Dr. Arregui President of AHS
In 2007-2008: Dr. Arregui serves as President of Americas Hernia Society
Dr. Mathavan joins practice
In 2009, after completing the fellowship, Dr. Viney Mathavan joins the practice
Dr. Singh adopts robotics
Dr. Singh adopts robotic technology platform to advance the field of minimally invasive surgery and performs his first robotic cholecystectomy. In the same year, Dr. Singh performs the first fully robotic Whipple procedure in the state of Indiana.
North Indy Surgical is formed
Nagan, Arregui, and Davis MDs becomes North Indy Surgical
Dr. Gorantla joins practice
2019 Dr. Kalyan Gorantla joins the practice.